Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy New Year to you!  I hope you guys had a wonderful holiday.  I did!  Spent Christmas’ eve with Loretta’s family and had so much food.  Then had my family over at my house for Christmas day (and had so much food).  And then to close out the year, had a great dinner with Greg and Dorian (and again, had a lot of good food).

Tomorrow is back to reality again for me.  Back to getting up early, back to work, back to a full team at work, back to regular food (no more holiday left overs or having the “holidays” as an excuse to eat, eat and eat). 

As we head into 2011, I thought about new year’s resolutions.  I’ve never been one to make a list or if I did, the list was short and soon forgotten.  But this year, I think I will put something out there.  Better yet, I’ll put it on my blog, so that in approximately 360 days later, I’ll look back at this post and see how well I was able to stay on track.  So here it goes:

  • Blog more often (I know I said once a week… I’m still going to try for that.)
  • Introduce 5 new people to my Stampin’ Up! events
  • Drink more water (eight 8oz of water daily)
  • Send a handmade birthday card to my friends timely (the key thing here is “timely.”  Let me know your address and birth date if you would like to receive a card from me.)
  • Travel outside of Houston once a quarter (taking suggestions for day / weekend trips)
  • Be wiser, kinder and surprise myself

Here’s a quote from Neil Gaiman that I really like…..
“May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.”
Do you have any new year’s resolutions?  Post them on my comment section and we can look back at it in December together!

Today’s share is a new year’s card I made.   Hope you like.



Card recipe:
Stampin' Up Stamp Set:  Circle Circus, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Stampin' Up Card Stock:  Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black
Stampin' Up Ink:  Real Red classic ink, Basic Black classic ink
Extras:  ribbon from my stash

1 comment:

  1. My New Year's Resolution is to be fit by 40, which is this coming December. I have almost a year to do it!

    Also, I love these circles, I think I need to buy them this month...perhaps I might need a reminder!

    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete